Monday, January 19, 2009

Want a better body? Do this.

(Taken from toneytellsall.com)

Want a better body? Do this.
Saturday, January 3rd, 2009

Here is a great way to get the body of your choice.

First, I want you to cut or print out a picture of your ideal body. Second, I want to you to take this picture and focus on it for 1-2 minutes a day. By focus, I mean to see yourself as having this body. You could see yourself moving around swiftly, walking confidently, lifting weights powerfully, whatever it is that is in alignment with what you want. Third, as you are visualizing, I want you to really feel the feelings as if you had your ideal body now. Fourth, go and take some ACTION to make your imaging a reality.

Remember this, IMAGINATION is greater then willpower. Or Imagination > Willpower. Most people who want to get into shape are trying to use their willpower to do so. What they’re doing is using their will to try and battle against these strong subconscious concepts they have about how they should look and feel. What they should be doing instead, is using their IMAGINATION to send powerful images to their subconscious to create what they want. As your subconscious controls things like your habits, beliefs, and bodily functions, it will go to work on creating this new in-shape you just as it would have continued to keep you at your current level.

I remember the first time I tried this experiment. Prior to the experiment, I always weighed around 155lbs. Being 5’10 and 155lbs was too skinny for me at the time. After hearing about this exercise from my good friend Dr. Goldman, I decided to put it to the test. I cut out a picture of this big bodybuilder from Men’s Fitness Magazine and pasted a picture of my face over his body.
The picture I used to get bigger.

The picture I used to get bigger.
Every day for about a month, I would visualize myself as having the body in that picture. What was the result? Within two months, I had gained something close to twenty of muscle! In fact, I had gotten so big that I had to lose some muscle as all the excess mass was slowing me down whenever I did my boxing and kickboxing workouts.

I want to add in another note. As I had reprogrammed myself to be this big bodybuilder guy, it was very tough for me to lose the weight I had now put on. It wasn’t until I put up a picture of a new body-type, and started visualizing that, that the weight came off.
The picture I used to get slimmer. That's Ultimate Fighting Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre.

The picture I used to get slimmer.
Another interesting note was that when I started seeing myself in my new, slimmer, and leaner body-type, I also started visualizing myself as being taller. Sure enough I managed to grow and inch or two and this is while I was twenty-six years old.

So try it out for yourself! And let me know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment