Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year's Goals

(Taken From tonytellsall.com)

New Year’s Goals
Saturday, January 3rd, 2009

Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope this year brings you all much love, happiness, and success.

New Year’s Goals

The purpose of this writing is to make sure that you hit your new year’s goals! I want to see you shine in 09! To make sure you do that, I’m going to help you out as best I can.

Imagination

This year instead of trying to use your willpower to force yourself into hitting your new year’s goals, try using your IMAGINATION instead. I cannot stress the power of imaging enough. When you image your goals as being complete, you’re sending powerful images to the subconscious portion of your mind. As your subconscious controls things like your habits, beliefs, and bodily functions, it will go to work on creating the images you send it. As it’s been said that over 90% of what you do is subconscious; you drive to work the same way every day, put your pants on the same way every day, eat the same foods every day, etc… You want to impregnate your subconscious with images you would like to see manifested in your life. After you do your imaging, I want you to write up some beautiful affirmations to reinforce your good work, and then take action on your plans to make them a reality.

It’s very simple.

Imaging

1. You can write out some goals such as “My book completed” “House on the lake” “My body weight is 170” and visualize how you would look and feel if these were already completed.

2. You can write out “I am so happy and grateful that…” and write out your ideal life and read it to yourself every morning.

3. You can simply sit down in a relaxing position and visualize your perfect 09.

Make sure to do your images daily or at least weekly. Don’t just do your images once and then forget completely about them. Sometimes once might be enough, other times it might take some time for your images to become a reality. You’re developing a new way of thinking, so give yourself some time. Also, be sure to image for at least a minute or two a day. It’s been said that it takes on average thirty-three seconds for a concept to reach the subconscious portion of your mind. I want you to spend a minute or two so that I know it’s really getting in there. Also, be patient! Some people do their imaging on Tuesday and are upset on Wednesday that they don’t have what they want. Give time for what you want to reach you.

Affirmations

After doing your imaging, say some affirmations to yourself to keep your self-talk strong and positive.
“I am in great shape”
“I am happily kissing my gorgeous girlfriend”
“I love my new job”
“I love my new puppy”

Plan

It’s been said, “Plan your work, and work your plan”. Have some type of plan for 09 that you stick to. You could say that you will exercise for an hour a day, Monday-Friday. Or you could plan to do fifteen minutes of reading some type of self-improvement book or article every day. Remember to use imaging to make your plans a reality! For instance, if your plan is to get in great shape, you could visualize yourself getting up every morning, going to the gym, having a great workout, and looking good. When I started a new morning exercise regiment, that was exactly what I did. As the regiment was earlier then I was used to getting up at, I simply started visualizing myself getting up early every morning, feeling good, having a great workout, and then looking great. Sure enough, that’s exactly what happened.

Find Someone to Help You

For those wanting to get into shape, having a workout partner is a great way to keep you on track. You can both support and push each other to do more. Also, on the days you might feel down or thinking about skipping your workout, your partner can provide that extra push to get your butt into gear.

Keep It Simple

Make sure to follow the KISS principle which is “Keep It Simple, Stupid”. Don’t set 1,000,000 goals and achieve none. Instead, set one or a few goals that you’re really passionate about. One goal completed is worth at least five or ten half-done. Also, don’t try to do everything in a day! I have a friend who does this. Every few months he decides he is going to get into shape. So he goes to the gym, exercises for a few hours, and then after a week or so is completely burnt out. Keep it simple! If you’re not in shape and want to be, give your body time to build up. Maybe you’ll start with twenty minutes of walking a day, then proceeding to add in some squats, abdominals, and pushups. Give yourself some time and also congratulate yourself on the good work you’re doing.
You in 09?

You in 09?

Celebrate Your Successes

As you’re going through 09, make sure to take some time to celebrate your successes. For instance, if I do something right, sometimes I’ll literally stop and pat myself on the back to acknowledge my good work. I even have a nightly ritual where I make sure to replay the day’s events in my mind. If I did anything wrong, I replace that image with what I should have done. After going through what went wrong, I then replay what went right for the day. If something went right, I celebrate my success.

The purpose is to have you doing more of the good and less of the bad. As Dr. Fleet likes to say, “As you eliminate the negative, you will be left with the positive”. After a while of doing this, you’ll start to feel really clean and peaceful inside.

Heart

Lastly, do what you LOVE. Don’t do something because you think you have to. Do it because you WANT to. Do what gets you excited, what has you feeling good. I write on this website because I love it. I love to teach. It gets me excited. I love seeing people grow and achieving what they want. Do what you love and the money, fame, joy, etc. will follow. It has to!

Tags: achieving goals, achieving your plans, affirmations, affirmations to change physical appearance, best way to achieve my goals, celebrating your accomplishments, celebrating your successes, changing your physical appearance, concept therapy, dr. fleet, dr. Thurman fleet, goal oriented, goal setting, happy new years, heart, how to achieve your goals, how to hit my goals, how to increase willpower, imagination, keep it simple, kiss principle, Law of Attraction, manifesting, manifesting body, manifesting goals, manifesting ideal body, manifesting relationships, new year's goals, new year's resolutions, new years, plan, planning your work, ronnie coleman, ronnie coleman picture, setting goals, staying on track, willpower

No comments:

Post a Comment